Invisalign Clear Aligners – Plattsburgh, NY
Straighter Teeth Deserve Clear Solutions
Instead of turning to metal brackets and wires to straighten your teeth, Dr. Heins, Dr. Gerner, and Dr. Hanna believe a clearer solution can be used to deliver the same great results. With Invisalign Clear Aligners, our team can help shift your teeth into proper alignment so that you no longer struggle with gaps, overcrowding, or even chronic jaw pain. You’re encouraged to call our office and schedule an appointment if you want to embrace a straighter smile without the bulky, noticeable metal.
Why Choose True North Dental Group for Invisalign Clear Aligners?
- iTero Digital Impression System for Less Mess
- Respected Dental Practice with 900+ Patient Reviews
- Three Available Ways to Pay for Treatment
How Invisalign Works
With the help of clear plastic aligners, Invisalign works to straighten teeth using consistent, gentle pressure. When worn 20-22 hours a day, teeth will begin to shift, and every 1-2 weeks, a new set will help to keep teeth moving in the right direction. The process can take anywhere from 12-18 months but may require lengthier treatment depending on the severity of your case.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
If you’re wondering whether Invisalign may be an excellent option for improving the alignment of your bite, chances are good that it is. Most adults and older teens can benefit from the clear braces system.
Invisalign corrects the most common orthodontic issues, including:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Malocclusion: overbite, underbite, crossbite
You should schedule a general checkup and cleaning before undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign. Tooth decay and gum disease should be treated in advance.
Invisalign VS Traditional Braces
If you’re weighing your options between clear and traditional braces, know that the result is the same -- both methods reveal straighter teeth and a more confident smile. But the biggest difference between the two? No one has to know you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign.
Additional considerations that set Invisalign apart from traditional braces include:
- Invisalign trays are removable, so you don’t have to make any modifications to your diet throughout orthodontic treatment. Simply slip the aligners out before meals and snacks and continue eating what you like, without worrying about breaking a bracket or popping off a wire.
- Traditional braces create barriers to good dental hygiene, but removable trays with Invisalign allow you to maintain excellent brushing and flossing habits.
- Invisalign requires fewer visits to the dentist during treatment. And because the aligners are far less likely to break or malfunction, the chances you’ll need to schedule emergency maintenance appointments are greatly reduced with Invisalign.
- No blisters or sores in the soft tissue with the smooth plastic aligners.
Because the system is subtle, comfortable, and completed more quickly than traditional braces, most adults decide Invisalign is the best option for straightening misaligned teeth.
SureSmile Clear Aligners: An Alternative to Invisalign
An additional option for orthodontic treatment is SureSmile Clear Aligners. Similar to Invisalign, these clear trays help to move teeth without the bulky metal and wires. Addressing even the most complex cases, SureSmile allows for fewer attachments and can often be completed faster than Invisalign or metal braces. During your consultation, you can count on our team to go over the differences in greater detail so that you feel good about which option is right for you.