Invisalign in Plattsburgh
If you’ve dreamed of having straighter teeth but just can’t face wearing metal brackets and wires for two years, we have good news for you. There is a better option with Invisalign in Plattsburgh! This system uses clear, plastic aligners to gradually bring teeth into their optimal position -- without affecting your smile confidence in the process.
How does Invisalign work? And how does Invisalign compare to traditional braces? Is Invisalign right for you? Keep reading to find out more about this treatment from your dentist in Plattsburgh, Dr. Craig Heins and Dr. Tom Gerner.
How Does Invisalign Straighten Teeth?
Invisalign is an FDA-approved orthodontic treatment that has helped over 3 million patients worldwide achieve straighter teeth. The system uses a series of plastic aligners that are designed to meet your unique orthodontic needs. Worn for two weeks each, the tray places focused pressure on a certain area of the bite, gradually shifting teeth into proper alignment. The average Invisalign treatment lasts one year.
Differences Between Invisalign and Traditional Braces
If you’re weighing your options between clear and traditional braces, know that the end result is the same -- both methods reveal straighter teeth and a more confident smile. But the biggest difference between the two? No one has to know you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign.
Additional considerations that set Invisalign apart from traditional braces include:
- Invisalign trays are removable, so you don’t have to make any modifications to your diet throughout orthodontic treatment. Simply slip the aligners out before meals and snacks and continue eating what you like, without worrying about breaking a bracket or popping off a wire.
- Traditional braces create barriers to good dental hygiene, but removable trays with Invisalign allow you to maintain excellent brushing and flossing habits.
- Invisalign requires fewer visits to the dentist during treatment. And because the aligners are far less likely to break or malfunction, chances you’ll need to schedule emergency maintenance appointments are greatly reduced with Invisalign.
- No blisters or sores in the soft tissue with the smooth plastic aligners.
Because the system is subtle, comfortable, and completed more quickly than traditional braces, most adults decide Invisalign is the best option for straightening misaligned teeth.
Am I a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
If you’re wondering whether Invisalign may be an excellent option for improving the alignment of your bite, chances are good that it is. Most adults and older teens can benefit from the clear braces system.
Invisalign corrects the most common orthodontic issues, including:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Malocclusion: overbite, underbite, crossbite
You should schedule a general checkup and cleaning before undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign. Tooth decay and gum disease should be treated in advance.
Learn More From True North Dental Group!
Contact your dentist at True North Dental Group to discuss your orthodontic treatment and to find out whether or not you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, the clear braces system for adults and older teens. Get in touch with our Plattsburgh office today to schedule your appointment.